1. Dog Lovers: Plan vacations as usual.
Dog Parents: Fiercely scour the outer realms of Google researching the best ways to bring their dog along for all the fun.
2. Dog Lovers: Tear up when a dog dies in a movie.
Dog Parents: Will sob uncontrollably, hug their fur baby, and cover their eyes throughout the entire ordeal.
3. Dog Lovers: Go to the dog park to play with and see all of the dogs.
Dog Parents: Go to the dog park and become the authority on everyone else’s pup parenting style.
4. Dog Lovers: Know a handful of breed names.
Dog Parents: Are walking, talking encyclopedia with a wealth of dog info — and even have an “expert” opinion on what your mutt is made of.
5. Dog Lovers Enjoy a nice, well-kept, fur-free wardrobe.
Dog Parents: Don’t remember what life was like before everything they own became coated in layers of fabulous fluff.
6. Dog Lovers Have to come up with crazy excuses for when they want to flake on plans.
Dog Parents: Know the value of having a pup back home when it’s time exit stage left.
7. Dog Lovers: Need to send out a bunch of desperately hopeful texts if they want a partner in crime for the day.
Dog Parents: Always have a running, hiking, or adventuring buddy at the ready.
8. Dog Lovers: Love all dogs fairly and equally.
Dog Parents: Know, for a fact, that their baby is the ultimate. Period.
9. Dog Lovers: Get the bed to themselves
Dog Parents: No matter the size of the bed you will be pushed out of the way.
10. Dog Lovers: Take a selfie and goes about their day.
Dog Parents: It’s not a selfie without your dog in the photo. Every photo MUST be shared…many times over.
So...what are you?